[Permatopia] Wed. June 7, Livability survey research focus groups (UO: $ from Natl. Institute of Transportation)

Kathy Ging kathy at kathyging.com
Mon Jun 5 00:39:37 CDT 2017

From: "Sadie L DiNatale" <sdinata7 at uoregon.edu>
Sent: Thursday, May 18, 2017 1:45:00 PM
Subject: Oregon Livability

Greetings, Neighborhood Advocates!

Recently the Community Service Center and University of Oregon (PPPM) received funding from the National Institute of Transportation and Communities to do some work on 'livability.'

Our research looks at how the built environment and density affect resident perceptions of livability.

The project involves a survey and a set of focus groups.
We're wondering if you would be willing to help us recruit participants for our focus group in Eugene by

posting the following request (below my signature) to your Facebook page or other appropriate means.

We’re reaching out to your organization in an attempt to diversify our participants.

We want to make sure all voices are heard as our results will affect future transportation policies and funding.

We've drafted a posting for your consideration (below my signature). Let me know if you have more questions.

Thank you!

Sadie DiNatale

Project Manager, Community Service Center
Candidate of Master of Community and Regional Planning, 2017
University of Oregon Department of Planning, Public Policy and Management
~~~~~~

------   PUT THIS ON FACEBOOK!  -------

Do you have opinions about what makes your community livable?  If so, researchers at the University of Oregon are interested in your opinions.

The term "livability" is frequently used and promoted by communities across the United States. In Oregon, various local communities, including some state agencies, seek to improve livability. But what is it? The Community Service Center at the University of Oregon wants to know what you think livability is, specifically as it relates to transportation and land use patterns in your neighborhood. This survey will help Oregon governments and organizations better understand your community's needs and preferences.
If you would like to share your opinions, we invite you to participate in a focus group.

We will be holding a focus group in
Eugene on Wednesday, June 7 at either 5 PM to 6:30 PM –

OR- 7 PM to 8:30 PM

942 Olive Street in Eugene.

Please fill out the RSVP survey, linked below, so we will know if you are available to attend.

https://oregon.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_74hmma4uHG7LoMd

The focus group will be 90 minutes in length with a short break halfway through. Light refreshments will be provided and we will hold a raffle for an opportunity for participants to win a gift certificate. If you have questions, please contact Bob Parker (rgp at uoregon.edu).