[Permatopia] Solar Energy Town Hall meeting Wed., APRIL 1 at 6 pm at Lawrence Hall, U of O,

Kathy Ging kathy at kathyging.com
Sun Mar 22 16:13:04 CDT 2015

NO KIDDING, folks, solar energy in the early 80s could have provided FIFTY PERCENT of Oregon's domestic
water and space heating needs -

but due to a leadership vacuum and IOUs (investor owned utilities) dominating Oregon and US energy policy -
we dragged our feet.  NOW we have an opportunity to tap an unlimited power
source as more people learn about Distributed Generation - which utilities like to call disruptive energy -
but which we had called decentralized power, on-site, neighborhood and community energy!

Pls. learn about bills in front of the OREGON LEGISLATURE now that need your advocacy - and read below to sign the online note to Legislators!

(Did you know that solar radiation has increased in Oregon by 10-15% in the last 20 years?
The snow pack is at almost historical lows - let us escalate the use of solar energy. I love my solar water heater
although now many consider solar electric rather than solar thermal to be a wiser use of solar!
The snow pack is about 14% of average here, 12% in CA and 16% in WA. Yet we are wasting solar energy by NOT using it!)
~~~

A Solar Energy Town Hall meeting will be held in Eugene Wednesday, APRIL 1 at 6 pm at
Lawrence Hall, U of O, Room 115 (across from the Erb Memorial Union) sponsored by Environment Oregon

The poster says:  Learn how you can help bring 10 times more solar energy to Oregon!

organized by Charlotte at EnvironmentOregon.org and by a student at UO 3PM Department, Caitlin.

Pls. attend the Solar Energy Town Hall Meeting -

we in Eugene area own the largest publicly owned utility in Oregon, EWEB,

but we are NOT in the vanguard of solar energy incentives and programs.

Also, The Energy Network Group, an ad hoc citizen group, is being revived and will meet with EWEB staff at the end of

March - many solar energy contractors and activists will attend.

If you want to come or know someone who would like to be there, email me for details: kathy at kathyging.com  541-342-8461.

(Energy Network Group organized the three Lane County Energy Round-Ups in 2007-08.)

The use of solar  and wind energy has tripled since 2008, and the price of Solar Electric cells aka PVs has been going down in recent years.

We need to lobby Oregon Legislators to pass solar energy bills now in front of them!

SOLAR, unlike WIND - is decentralized.

Utilities, especially PUBLICLY OWNED ones like EWEB, need to embrace and not feel threatened by the new paradigm.

WE, the ratepayer-owners, not out-of-state investors, OWN our utility!

~~~

Pls. sign the online message to your Oregon Legislators - afterwards, names of your reps show up after you put in zip code.

If unable to copy/paste the web site below - go to EnvironmentOregon.org
to the solar energy message.  Environment Oregon supports the preservation
of our natural resources and wonders and has been promoting renewable energy sources in recent years and
wants to repower Oregon with solar energy.

_Environment Oregon is a statewide, citizen-based environmental advocacy organization.
Our professional staff combines independent research, practical ideas and tough-minded advocacy to overcome the opposition of

powerful special interests and win real results for Oregon’s environment.

Environment Oregon draws on 30 years of success in tackling our state's top environmental problems._

https://environmentoregon.webaction.org/p/dia/action3/common/public/?action_KEY=9613&__utma=1.770870747.1414961709.1420750402.1420759298.16&__utmb=1.12.10.1420759298&__utmc=1&__utmx=-&__utmz=1.1420657317.12.2.utmcsr%3Denvironmentmaine.org%7Cutmccn%3D%28referral%29%7Cutmcmd%3Dreferral%7Cutmcct%3D/node/31471/clone&__utmv=-&__utmk=52567208&__utma=1.613900326.1426093741.1426096677.1427056453.3&__utmb=1.8.10.1427056453&__utmc=1&__utmx=-&__utmz=1.1426093741.1.1.utmcsr=google|utmccn=(organic)|utmcmd=organic|utmctr=environment%20oregon&__utmv=-&__utmk=107219202

p.s. you can join Environment Oregon for $25 or less!

Kathy Ging, M.A., G.R.I.
541-342-8461
Email: kathy at kathyging.com
WEB:  http://kathyging.com