[Permatopia] Solar #1 of 2 Time sensitive: HB 2066 Oregon Legislature tax credit committee needs to hear from you ASAP

Kathy Ging kathy at kathyging.com
Thu Jun 29 00:47:02 CDT 2017

<from SolarOregon.org  .. I provided extra info and emails, phone nos. in next email.k>

UPDATE: next email find list to call or email or both. The bill is in the Joint Committee on Tax Credits.

HB 2066 is an omnibus bill so a lot of items in it.

All the tax credits will be considered at once:

 names of legislators TO CALL or EMAIL: https://olis.leg.state.or.us/.../Committees/JTAX/Overview

Also here you can type in a bill name and see status: https://olis.leg.state.or.us/liz/2017R1
@@
OREGON Solar Action Alert: Show support for a new residential Solar Incentive!

Oregon's Residential Energy Tax Credit (RETC) will expire at the end of 2017, but we have the chance to create a new tax credit to help residential customers install solar on rooftops (or ground mounted). The new credit, to be called the Residential Incentive for Solar Energy (RISE), will make it easier for residential customers to go solar.

To win this crucial new policy, we must persuade the legislature to fund it-a decision legislators will make within the next 2 weeks. We need as many solar supporters as possible to contact their legislators and urge them to support this program that will be contained in HB 2066.

Please contact both your state senator and state representative.

INSTRUCTIONS Use this form to find your state senator's and state representative's contact info (look at the "Senate" and "House" tabs after you have entered your address at the top right corner).
Call their number or send an e-mail urge them to support the new solar tax credit in HB 2066 using talking points below.

If you get a response, let us know by emailing:  max at oseia.org

KEY TALKING POINTS WHEN CALLING OR E-MAILING LEGISLATORS

Ask them to vote YES on the new solar tax credit in HB 2066

Tell them the new solar tax credit (Residential Incentive for Solar Energy) will help solar RISE in Oregon!

If you have solar installed, tell your legislator about how important it was for you to have help to make solar more affordable.
Tell your legislator why you support more solar in Oregon (clean energy, good green jobs, etc.).
Ask your legislator to also talk with legislative leadership to request funding the new solar tax credit.
Contact your legislator today! Every legislator needs to hear from constituents. Ask family and friends to help out! <see list of tax credit comm. members>

Thanks for your help in supporting Oregon solar!

Take a few minutes, call and/or or e-mail your legislator about supporting the new residential solar tax credit in HB 2066. Let them know how important you feel solar is in Oregon!

@@
The revised renewable energy tax credit for owner occupants and non resident dwelling owners is one I initiated while doing grad work at UO Eugene.

 (It was my suggestion to initiate a new revised version; Howdy Reichmuth helped draft the bill.

85% of the solar industry had gone bankrupt due to sunset of fed and state personal income tax credits that occurred mid 80s.)

I helped get it into OR Legislature in the late 80s. It passed 22 to zip in the Senate the day before summer solstice in the 2nd legislative attempt.

The credit's existence has facilitated renewable resource growth here since then.

It is doubtful if OR would have built a robust solar energy biz infrastructure if this tax credit had not been revised and adopted.

I have some history with this because I was founder and director of Oregon Energy Round-Up at Oregon State Fair 1982-84
and witnessed the attrition of the solar industry after state and fed credits were lost.

We need to realize Oregon State Motto: She Flies with Her Own Wings.