[Permatopia] BREAKING: PeaceHealth lowered boom on medical marijuana with extremely regressive edict issued last week

Pamela Driscoll pamelacypress at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 21 21:35:18 CDT 2015

I've heard some horror stories about Peacehealth lately....it seems some investigating should be done

     On Monday, September 21, 2015 4:28 PM, Kathy Ging <kathy at kathyging.com> wrote:

 Email I received last Friday, September 18, 2015:
PeaceHealth lowered the boom on medical marijuana with an extremely regressive edict issued yesterday.
They claim their justification is the fear of Federal violations!

They are banning all staff from any participation in patients' marijuana requests and any forms already signed will be destroyed.

The only way the new admin at PeaceHealth will reconsider is if the community it serves
(Alaska, Washington, and Oregon, which have all been comfortable with medical marijuana for quite some time) reacts.

Question from my source:
So, where is the community/patient outcry?
How come the RG has let PeaceHealth go through ENORMOUS changes for nearly 4 years now with virtually zero reportage?
~~~OLDER but this PeaceHealth info still showing up on the site:
<response from a friend: definitely not their new up-to-date stance!>

This is from the peace health information website on marijuana (June 4, 2014)
http://www.peacehealth.org/medical-topics/content/special/abl2153.html

~~~

ALSO the 4th CANNABIS SCIENCE PUB happens at COZMIC downtown Eugene Sept. 29, 2015 - 6-9 pm - FREE
http://www.cozmicproductions.com/event/961891-cannabis-science-pub-eugene/
September 29th: HIGH Numbers - Statistics and Variance in Cannabinoid Potency
What is a reasonable cannabinoid potency value and how is it measured? What does the data tell us?
At our September Cannabis Science Pub, Jeremy Sackett of Cascadia Labs will tell us how potency is measured and what makes cannabis such a complex matrix to work with in the lab, Dr. Rodger Voelker of OG Analytical will discuss variance in lab testing, and Steve Albarran of Confident Cannabis will answer the question 'What is the real difference between Indicas/Sativas/Hybrids?"Tuesday September 29th – 6:00-9:00 pm
199 West 8th Avenue, Eugene, OR 97401FREE to the public. Every last Tuesday of the month @ Cozmic. Watch for info on next month’s session, October 27th, 2015: Soil Science.  A BIG thank you to this month’s sponsors: Island Labs, High Mountain Organics, and The Constant Gardener, whose contributions work to keep this event FREE to the public!~~Bethany Sherman from OG Analytical in Eugene, OR, has been organizing the recent Cannabis Science Pubs.
bsherman at oganalytical.com
541-735-3328
OG Analytical, from what I understand, has helped to expose the fact that some cannabis extracts being provided to patientswere contaminated with pesticides, etc. as per the article in OregonLive a few months ago.
Some dispensaries decided to discard them when they found out the shocking results of tests by OG Analytical.
The press needs to cover the issue as in the future extracts will continue to be sold at a large number of dispensaries and many are probably NOT certified organic -I think some are.  Also, by October 1, many dispensaries will be selling marijuana for adult use and not all of it is certified organic.

~-~   ~-~   ~-~   ~-~   ~-~   ~-  Kathy Ging, M.A., G.R.I.
541-342-8461
Email: kathy at kathyging.com