[Permatopia] Sat. June 27 Friends of Amazon Creek yard sale benefit now a VICTORY PARTY: donations, shoppers needed!

Kathy Ging kathy at kathyging.com
Wed Jun 24 07:29:25 CDT 2015

Friends of Amazon Creek Yard sale benefit is now a VICTORY PARTY!

AT&T has withdrawn its application to build a 75' fake tree cell tower at Crossfire Church in the heart of a residential neighborhood.

Bring pot luck food if you would like, cake and ice cream will be served!

Please plan to attend the Friends of Amazon Creek's benefit yard sale/celebration party this Saturday, June 27 9 am - 4 pm!
(Or PLEASE make a financial donation - details in last email sent a few minutes ago.)

All proceeds will go to help with the legal and technical consultant costs of protecting the Amazon Creek Corridor.

        This Saturday, June 27, 2015
Time - 9 am to 4 pm
Location - 3480 Kincaid, Eugene

Donations can be dropped off in the carport now until Friday evening.

Goods should be clean with all parts functioning.  Quality is more important than quantity.

Types of goods can include household, sports equipment, gardening, electronics, children’s toys, books, music, furniture, tools, instruments, jewelry, vehicles, summer homes (why not?).

We recommend no clothing, as it is highly labor intensive and does not sell well because used clothing is so plentiful and cheap in the community.

For high ticket items, we can offer consignment and could also return the item if it doesn’t sell.

Volunteers needed: Friday starting about 2 pm we’ll start sorting and pricing.

We’ll also set up tables, pop ups and post signs. For Saturday  we’ll need shifts of people to  set up, staff the table, and pack up at the end.

There will be fresh coffee for the early birds and hopefully folks will bring healthy snacks to keep the volunteers going. St. Vincents will pick up what doesn’t sell.

Contact Maggie to volunteer, or just stop by:  maggiedona at comcast.net (541)342-8189.

MORE INFO...
For full details on the effort to preserve the Amazon Creek natural area, and what's next, visit FriendsofAmazonCreek.org.

PLEASE FORWARD THIS MESSAGE TO YOUR NETWORK!